TAO OLYMPIANS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like An Orgasm

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gold Strategies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
~SUPERNATURAL~

Gold Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Gold Strategies   Gold Strategies EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:22 am

Lone needed lots of experience on Legends, I’ll share my experience as I’ve been playing there for years and I also get a few sample of OmegaShin’s strategies. Oh and my FPS strategies as well, I’m fairly new there but I’m still good lol.

Stone Turtles:
Here is the turtle I always use, it’s OmegaShin’s turtle and is still effective even though not many people use it (or even turtle >.>).

Turt 1. Balanced - aggressive

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img175/131/turtle1km7.jpg

This is the turtle i made expressely for seoren when he asked me a better form to surprise his opponents in the legends turtle tourney (which he won with 0 losses). It is a turtle made for opposite sides, which has cleric in a very strong position. The stone cluster is made so that scout can reach cleric or stone in 2 moves, same goes for mud. Beast needs 3 moves, and wisp needs 2 but it is unlikely to be used as an offense unit. Dragon as well can be used for a 2 moves cleric kill, but it is a beginner move mainly as the real purpose of dragon is to stop ranged units and defend. A few people has underestimated the turtle's defense seeing frost as an easy target, but going for frost leads nowhere as wisp is there as well and in the worst case cleric can heal and move on wisp's side while frost takes cleric's spot.

Turtle 2. Balanced

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img504/6333/turtle2yd6.jpg

This turtle is my original turtle which was copied by a lot of people (i was the first one to show the strenght of front cleric stone) some times with some variations. The cluster has the same potential as turtle 1, but this one is made for random side games. In same sides cleric is well protected and it is easy to unstone any turtle.

Turtle 3. Balanced - defensive

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img214/7445/turtle3al6.jpg

The typical old school back row stone, but with first row dragon and new style cluster. The cluster and play style in opposites is basically the same as the other turtles, however i recommend this only for nostalgia games as no matter what people say, back row stone is just weaker. For 2 main reasons:
-In same sides cleric is not well protected, and unstoning the opponent is harder.
-Frost is not in a good spot and can be easily killed.

The BR can be switched for scout if it’s FPS with 2 scouts.

Same side games:
Well first off you stone, if they’re stupid enough to send in mud and destone, straight away, good for you. Make sure none of your weak units can be hit by the dragon eg. Scout, BR, wisp or mud. Focus on the mud.

Now here is a rule for same side turtle games. Never be pushed into defense. Pushing them into defense is fairly easy. If you’re on legends, send up your stoned BR as a threat. Push him/her back by using your dragon, focus on a single unit like lets say his/her knight is in front of your dragon. Hit it with your dragon without moving. Pressure it so he’ll retreat and rush him. Make sure that you can’t be frosty raped by him. Once your opponent is in defense rush him with your BR backed up by scout, mud, wisp and dragon. Kill their cleric, wisp and frost first as they are the biggest threat. If you haven’t already, send in your mud in the middle of their turtle and quake, quake, quake! Most likely your BR would’ve died, if not attack their wisp, frost or scout (make sure you have 100% shot on scout if your BR will die next turn). Also if you need a distraction use your wisp to cause a distraction because wisps can simply rape with poison hardcore. Most people have instant reactions to attack wisp which is another turn for you to get rid of the threat your opponent has set. In 2 scout games do the same thing here, push them in defense and kill cleric.

Opposite side games:
Obviously you stone first and then you move your scout that is in front of your stone up 4 squares and shoot anything in range (preferably their dragon), next, send up mud. Only send your wisp if they have a furgon or if they’re defending. But make sure that your wisp cannot be hit by anything beside scout. And if they do use scout to shoot it, focus all attacks on it e.g. dragon, scout, mud etc etc. Next, simply take out your opponents cleric, it’s fairly easy with scout, mud and BR that can reach the cleric. If it’s 2 scout game, send the 2nd scout that is in front of the frost to your left/right side. I mean 2 scouts aiming from 2 different positions. There is no safe spot. Once you’ve taken out their cleric try and cause some heavy quake damage.. Simply take out the turtles stamina so they lose their fire power.

Freestyle: It should be called rushing instead >.>
Ok, on Legends almost everyone uses a rush we call the NJ Rush.
The Netjak Rush (The 2 knights at the end can really be placed anywhere to your liking. Also the cleric and frost can be moved across 1 side as most GA’s are placed to hit that corner.)
Gold Strategies Njrushbt2
I prefer the knight at the end in front of the frost because in most same side rushes we simply send over our dragons and cannot defend it. First off, don’t let their GA ever hit your cleric. Take out their GA ASAP, it should be done fast and efficiently as it cannot go far, no blocking and no armor. Simply try and take out their golems fast. Send in your dragon as a threat for 1 hit cleric kill. The rest is pretty simple, just take out their fire power. I don’t like rushing a lot because most games come down to a few blocks.

On FPS:
Well I’m not that experienced rushing on FPS but here is what I use.
Gold Strategies Myfpsrushwg7
I have never lost a game with it yet. It’s like impossible for a corner cleric to survive. Simply take them out and anything like chanty, frost, mages and scout. Even if they do have a center set it’s still pretty easy to kill their cleric. Again, take out their stamina and the game will be yours.
Back to top Go down
Lone_Star
Leader

Gold Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Strategies   Gold Strategies EmptySun May 11, 2008 5:52 am

That last set you showed is basically like mine...but mine looks cooler.
Back to top Go down
http://taoolympians.rpg-guild.org
~SUPERNATURAL~

Gold Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Strategies   Gold Strategies EmptySun May 11, 2008 6:04 am

I've been using that set since I got gold :O
Back to top Go down
Dark*Dragon
Leader
Dark*Dragon

Gold Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Strategies   Gold Strategies EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:07 am

My wisp set pwns all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gold Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gold Strategies   Gold Strategies Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Strategies
Page 1 of 1